Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I Blame Eve Freedom from Perfectionism

I Blame Eve, Freedom from Perfectionism, Control Issues, and the Tendency to Listen to Talking Snakes is a very fun, informative, and entertaining read! The author, Susanna Foth Aughtmon is incredibly relatable, I honestly felt like we were sisters after I read the book! I love her writing style, it is humorous, engaging, and oh so true! She is not preachy, she is funny and witty and I honestly wish we were friends after I now feel like I know her. This book is so great, as you can see from some of the titles of the chapters, "I feel really sad there is pain in childbirth" and another one, "I don't like waiting" the book is extremely relatable in the topics and conversations that come up in society (and within ourselves). The author talks about how we all have the "Eden gene" and we all wish everything was glorious and beautiful and PERFECT, but the reality is that we live in a fallen world (because of Eve) and we are not in heaven, yet! The author uses scripture perfectly in this book to show you truth, and she does it in an entertaining way! The book helps the reader to understand that even though Eve made a grave mistake and we live in a fallen world with an Enemy (Satan - the snake) that comes along and tries to deceive us and steal away all the God has for us, we (live Eve) ultimately have a choice to live, let go of expectations and fears and lies, and let God take control of our life and let Him take control. I LOVED this book (I know I say this a lot, but I have received a lot of good books lately!) - and I really recommend that you read this, and buy it for your best girlfriend (or your wife), she will love you for it! I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 :"GuidesConcerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media Shares