Monday, December 3, 2012

Graceful (Letting go of your try-hard life) by Emily P. Freeman

I had read the adult version of this book, and my teenage daughter saw this title and wanted to read it. She then chose to do a book report on it, which I thought was fantastic! This book is based on the fact that (pre-teen and teenagers) base their self worth on how others perceive them,and how they themselves feel based on other's expectations etc. My daughter conveyed to me that she really enjoyed how the author kept telling the reader that they are valuable just as they are, are there was no need to create a false self, and/or wear a false mask to portray someone that you're not. My daughter doesn't have a self confidence issue, but she expressed to me that some of her friends do, and that this book would be extrememely helpful to them is showing them their self worth. The book is very good at directing the reader to focus on their identity in Christ, not on what the world thinks and expects. I was very proud of my daughter that she chose to share this book with her classmates, and I believe she made an impact with the poster she made about this book and it's message. I would recommend that parents or grandparents or youth group leaders buy this book. It would also be a great small group study book for teenage girls. I received this book from the publisher. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 :"Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media Shares