Monday, February 18, 2013

5 days to a clutter-free house by Sandra Felton & Marsha Sims

5 Days to a Clutter-Free House is a great book geared toward someone (or a family) that is overwhelmed with their clutter and needs a direct strategy and instruction on how to get your place cleaned up. I really liked how the authors were very loving and encouraging when they were addressing who may be struggling with clutter issues and why they may be struggling. It truly offered insight to me into the motivations of people who horde or are extremely messy. I am undeniably a neat freak and was hoping to possibly learn something I didn't know. Although I did not find anything in the book that was applicable to me, I did learn some tools to help others become cleaner and more organized. This book really is geared toward someone who has a very large task ahead of them, and who may have people who are willing to help them. This book would be perfect for an adult chid of a parent who has a hoarding issue, or a concerned friend who would like to come alongside someone who needs assistance. I learned a lot about why messy people are messy. The psychology behind why people have a hard time being clean and organized is really fascinating. By reading this book, I have a deeper understanding of the struggles and thought processes of people with messy homes. I am walking away feeling more compassionate towards people who struggle with cleanliness, and for that I think this book is well worth buying. I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 :"Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media Shares