Sunday, October 30, 2011

Inside Threat (A Riley Covington Thriller) by Jason Elam and Steve Yohn

Inside Threat is the last of four books in the Riley Covington Thriller series. Although I was sent this review copy without having read the previous novels in the series, I immensely enjoyed this book. The story centers around an all american football (and military hero) who is trying to navigate his way in the NFL after his high profile military career. The novel also centers on a few other main characters who have previously surrounded Riley and held a place in his life and especially one who still holds his heart. The book is an action packed suspense novel based around radical Islamists who are attempting to hold a national uprising "jihad" and end up doing it on Riley's turf and involve those he holds dear. This is an interesting read with details on Islam that were fascinating, taking place primarily in D.C. along with an ending that I did not expect. Without having read the previous novels to have an in depth understanding of the characters, I was still drawn into this story and really enjoyed it, and would recommend it.I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 : "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media Shares