Monday, May 30, 2011

The Waiting Place by Eileen Button

The Waiting Place, Learning to Appreicate Life's Little Delays was such a wonderful read! This book is more than a devotional, it is a a collection of personal essays by the author using her real life experiences to show the reader that amazing things can happen in the places in life where we are forced to wait. It is immediately easy to identify with the author as her essays are honest and relatable. She laments that sometimes in life we think, "this is so not the life I thought I'd have", but then she shows the reader through her own life where God has met her in those places. In the waiting place she is shown that by waiting on what she wants now or what she wants to be finished with or what she THINKS life should be like, she may be missing out on what God has for her. She shows the reader by her stories to treasure life right now, and the people and relationships of the moment, the way they are now, not the way you think they should be or want them to be. I loved how candid the author was, and I loved reading every page in this book. This book really touched my heart, and reminded me to wait, watch, remember, and LIVE! I highly recommend this book!

I received this e-book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 : "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media Shares