Friday, January 27, 2012

Small Space Organizing by Kathryn Bechen

Small space organizing, a room-by-room guide to Maximizing Your Space is a wonderful tool to help you get on track and stay on track with managing your stuff in your small or smaller than usual living space. Kathryn immediately makes you feel comfortable in your small space environment by assuring the reader that small living can really be comfortable living. Each chapter is organizing by room, and amazing organizing and de-cluttering tips are explained. I especially liked that the author has a list of resources at the end of every chapter pertaining to that specific chapter and gives website addresses so the reader can quickly and easily access extra organizing tools to purchase. I have a larger home, and by the time I was finished this, I wanted to live in a smaller one, or even trade in for an RV! She has some very good arguments for the benefits of small space living, and she also offers dialouge in the back of the book for conversations regarding small space living. I ablsolutely loved her quote from William Morris that says, "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful". This is the premise and theme of this wonderful book. If you are considering downsizing, are overwhelmed with getting organized and need some serious direction with tools, or have to downsize a family member, this is the book for you! I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this inaccordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 : "GuidesConcerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media Shares