Sunday, November 27, 2011

Cook like a rock star by Anne Burrell

This is a fantastic cookbook for novice and experienced cooks alike! I loved this cookbook and the style that it was written in. Anne is very endearing and personable in this book, and she knows how to make the reader both interested and entertained! There are six segments in this book - Piccolini (her little nibbles), Firsts, Pasta, Seconds, Sides, and Desserts. Anne shares her favorite tools and her basic ingredient pantry (and why). She also gives a brief description of cooking terms in an easy to understand format. There are 125 recipes that are amazingly tasty, and I really enjoyed how Anne gave a brief introduction paragraph before every recipe. She gives the reader the prep work in advance to make the process and preparation easier, and the steps for each recipe are easy to follow and understand. There are numerous beautifully taken photographs, and Anne also inserts hand-written personal notes into some of the recipes. I love her Anne-isms like "super cinchy". I am very excited to try the truffled deviled eggs, Light-as-a-Cloud Gnocchi, braised baby artichokes, and lemon curd tart for my next dinner party! If you like Anne on the Food Network, and if you like cookbooks, this is a fun one! I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 : "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media Shares