Thursday, December 1, 2011

The Names of God Bible - Anne Spangler General Editor

This is a great Bible for those who want to have a deeper understanding of the Bible in relation to the specific Hebrew translation used for the name of God in each specific passage of scripture. For instance, instead of saying "God" this translation will use the specific meaning used and highlight it in brown such as "Yahweh Nissi" (Lord my banner) or "Magen" (Shield). There are wonderful introductions before each book and each key name used for God within the book being introduced is listed along with it's definition for greater understanding. Also within this Bible are two paged details of interest devotionals centered on the Hebrew descriptions of God, and promises within the Bible associated with each term. The reader comes away with a more in depth understanding of God and His nature and character and attributes. I recommend this Bible translation to anyone who is interested in learning more about the specific names of God and the meaning behind each one. I really like this translation and will use it often. Here is a link for more information on this translation: http://www.godswordtranslation.org/ME2/Sites/Default.asp?SiteID=87ADA8B8A8474F90A93883C58F52923F.
I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 :

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media Shares