Sunday, December 25, 2011

This thing of ours by Cammy Franzese

How faith saved my mafia marriage... the subtitle automatically catches your interest, doesn't it? I literally could not put this book down, it was so interesting. I honestly could not believe that the author was so naive as to not see that the man she was having a whirlwind romance with (Michael Franzese - with whom would become her future husband) was tied to organized crime, despite many hints and obvious red flags. I suppose Cammy was too young and inexperienced to have the wisdom to discern she was marrying a mobster, and the book attests to this. The story is in essence the consequences that she had to live with by marrying someone attached to the mob, how she fell in love, lost him to the prison system, and had to raise their children by herself. The wonderful redemptive part of her story is that her husband eventually came to know the Lord, and she (the author) learned to fully and completely rely on God for everything - with eventually getting to life the latter part of their lives together. I really liked the book and loved how Cammy kept telling the reader that she made the choice (although unintelligent) to marry her husband, and because of her choice, she had to live with the consequences. Although there are no interesting facts about the mob or any organized crime stories relating to her or her husband, I think it's a great and interesting read, especially for those who have made poor relationship choices and would like to hear of a redemptive story. I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 : "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media Shares