Saturday, December 10, 2011

Weeknights with Giada by Giada Laurentis

(this will be released March 27th) This is a wonderful cookbook for those who are always wondering: "What should I cook for dinner"? These recipes are all family friendly and seem to be fairly easy to put together. The recipes are not standard though - they are interesting and different.. giving the reader new ways to prepare food for their family. The book is broken down into soups and salads, bruschettas, sandwiches and pizzas, pastas and grains, meat, poultry and fish, breakfast for dinner (my favorite) veggies & sides, and desserts. She also has a section called "change of pace" that has lots of fun recipes like Spicy Mint Beef and Thai Turkey Lettuce Cups. There are lots and lots of great pictures, and each recipe has a small personal intro beforehand along with cook's notes with helpful hints and information. She has meat dishes, but also has vegetarian dishes, with a huge variety in between. I honestly could not wait to make the Chocolate Mascarpone Pound Cake recipe - her desserts are amazing! I read a lot of cookbooks, and I really loved this one. I loved the pictures that she put in the cookbook of her family, and I also loved that the recipes were healthy, family friendly, and flavorful but not too intricate to cause frustration. I would not recommend this to a beginner, but if you enjoy cooking and especially are looking for a robust cookbook to enhance your weeknight cooking, this is the cookbook for you! I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 : "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media Shares