Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Grieving Gods Way (A 90 day devotional) by Margaret Brownley

I decided to give this book to my friend. The reason I did this is because I previewed it, and decided it was worth a try to help her, as she just lost a close brother to suicide. When previewing this book, I loved how the author immediately relates to the reader because she lost her son. I loved her writing style, and how the book is put together with 90 days of thoughts/poems/statements to come alongside the reader in their grief. Death is a hard topic to speak to anyone about, but I felt like this book was a very nice way to say that I cared enough to try to help her, but not too much of a in your face "get over your grief" type of book. I don't think that the author is saying that this is the only way that God wants you to grieve, I think that she was just trying to focus it on a Christian audience, who may be more receptive to her messages throughout the book. As this book will probably not be THE book to help a person get over their grief, I only gave it three stars. As a gift it is lovely, it is not deep, it is not backed by psychology. It is just nice. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 :"Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media Shares