Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Darkness Rising by Lis Wiehl

This is the second book in the East Salem trilogy. Sadly, I was given this book without having read the first, which would have probably cleared up quite a few questions that I had while reading it. Sometimes in a trilogy, an author gives enough back story to give the reader an understanding of what is currently happening. The author did do this, but not to the level that I would like. This story follows a plot line of good vs. evil- with a strong supernatural element. Although there is a strong demonic element, this is not glorified. The author does a great job of causing the reader to feel tension and possibly fear, as some of the scenes did cause me to become a little ancy. If you are not bent toward reading about areas that you are not familiar with (in this book that would be the strong medical references) then you may become a little frustrated or irritated. Although other readers have suggested that it was not critical to read the first novel, I would strongly suggest that you do so. Overall the story was good, and the characters were good - but with a little bit more detail and a little less confusion this story could have been great! I enjoy Lis Wiehl as an author, and will certainly buy the next one and the first one in this series to ensure that the author is given a chance to completely round out this trilogy. If you have read the first book and liked it, then you will most likely appreciate this book and will not regret the purchase of it! I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 :"Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media Shares