Saturday, January 12, 2013

Wildflowers from Winter by Katie Ganshert

I review a lot of books, but rarely do I say that a book has hit the ball out of the park. I will say that about this book. The author has done an impeccable job at telling a story that you (the reader) will love to read. Even though romance books are fairly typical, with a protagonist, a hero, and some sort of conflict - the author has creatively weaved a story that is not predictable, not boring, and is able to touch on quite a few emotions. The characters are well developed, and the story is truly believable, not an easy feat. The main character, Bethany, has depth and her backstory is well told. The hero, Evan, is shown to have depth of emotion as well. Without revealing the story, the conflict between them is powerful and well laid out. Christianity is weaved within the story line, but it is not overwhelming nor in your face. I loved the small town and farm setting, and the intimacy of the story. The contemporary attitude of Bethany struggling against her desired life vs. her childhood roots was a very compelling and real anguish for someone to struggle with. Additionally, her friend Robin's new widowhood was raw and well written. Overall, this book is a five star read, and you will certainly be missing out if you pass it by. Please read this book, you will be so happy that you did! I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 :"Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media Shares