Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Love and War by John and Stasi Eldredge

John and Stasi Eldredge have been married for over twenty five years, and know without a doubt, that marriage is difficult. The premise of this book is that marriage can be wonderful, but also is "fabulously hard". By using their real life experiences, John and Stasi both contribute wisdom in this book by sharing how God (and the Enemy) has worked in their marriage. They candidly share their faults and sin issues that led to deep hurts and struggles in their marriage. They bring biblical truths in showing what God purposes for marriage (not your personal happiness!)to bring reality to the reader.It is sobering to realize through the chapters how much work marriage really is and how much continual effort is involved for the LONG HAUL. They do cite that although many marriages do stay together, they are loveless and lifeless. As they have done in their other books, I enjoy their life perspective that this journey is an adventure, one to be lived with a courageous and adventurous heart. Since I have personally experienced the negative side of marriage from a past divorce and also am experiencing a marriage that is full of life, I felt that their input was spot on. I love all of their books, and recommend all of them.I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 : "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media Shares