Friday, June 24, 2011

Life, in spite of me by Kristen J. Anderson

This is an amazing inspiring story about a seventeen year old girl struggling with depression, who made a decision to lay down on her neighborhood railroad tracks to end her life. Amazingly, God spared her life,but she lost her legs. From the very first chapter, the reader feels extreme empathy for the author, Kristen, as she recounts the horrific events surrounding her suicide attempt. Kristen should have died that night, but God had other plans. She brings the reader along in recounting her journey toward hope and healing, and ultimately ending with her salvation and the amazing life God had planned for her. My heart broke for this young woman, and through her story, I felt a deeper understanding for those who struggle with depression, anxiety, and suicidal tendencies. I absolutely loved this book. I was inspired and moved by this story, and feel that anyone who has a relationship with someone who struggles with depression or has teens in the home who may become depressed due to the world we live in should read this book! It is also an eye opener for someone who would like a greater understanding in ministering to others.This book will tug at your heart and increase your compassion, I challenge you to read it! I received this book from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255 : "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."


No comments:

Post a Comment

Social Media Shares